Friday, September 3, 2010

here we go again!

went to pick it up today and it died again...at least i somewhat censored my bird this time...i'm starting to think that chopping up old bikes is not all its cracked up to be...if you're not a mechanic or rich, or if you have other resposibilities other than you bike, then i'd say buy one already done or get a sportster and throw some bolt on stuff on an call it good...another thing is never give your bike a deadline/due date...this bike has seriously had like 15...this bike has me so pissed that my only options are to stick it out untill she is running like a champ or get her running good enough for me to ghost ride her off a cliff...i'm leaning more toward the first option, because for those 20 minutes she was running AMAZING!, thanks to Brady at TwoWheeledFreedomMachineCo.

2 comments:

  1. I used to love ghost riding my bike...then my dad yelled at me. Hang in there buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff! Try not to stress, We'll get your bike running sweet.

    Choppers are a love/hate kinda thing, it's cool to ride around on a bike that's one of a kind. But sometimes reliability is compromised, Especially on an older bike.

    Every cool biker that I know that has ridden for more than 30 years ride ultra classics now. They all tell me how awesome their knucks, pans, and shovel chops were. And when I ask them why they got rid of them they all say because they were tired of working on them.

    Choppers are cool, but they are attention whores! And I don't mean for this post to sound negative, but I want you to know that this is what it's all about.

    I bought my sportster wrecked, and the previous owner had gone through and hacked up the wiring. What a freakin headache! But my plan was to get it all together and ride it for a year before I got all crazy with the blow torch. My reasoning was to deal with all the little issues that pop up on an older bike. And that was a good idea because they have popped up all over the place.

    I've had to deal with bad starter relays, bad bank angle sensors, wheel bearings, neck bearings, broken triple clamp, bad turn signal module, toasted carb slide diaphram, my carb looked like some ham fisted mongrel went to town on it with a hatchet. ( fuck! what was he thinking!) And right now I'm having first gear issues. I wanted to build me a new frame for it this winter but now I need to get that sorted out instead. I'm hoping that will be cheap and easy and I'll still be able to get the hard tail done. But I love my bike! It's only about 10% what I want it to be, but it's getting there. And I paid $4500 for it! WTF?

    What I'm trying to say is that we are on the right path to getting you set up with a solid motor. You have a brand new modern ignition, solid carbs, and a bike that you can pick parts off of. Your heading in the right direction!

    Keep the faith brother!

    ReplyDelete